UK Film Sales Placement
Who are we:
The UK Theatrical Distribution department co-ordinates the sales and distribution of Warner Bros. films to cinemas throughout the UK and Ireland and is part of Warner Bros. Pictures International, which distributes the Warner Bros. films outside the US. Its responsibility is to create and implement release strategies on each film, while supervising the actual releases and results, tracking business trends and opportunities and reporting to the US home office.
What part will you play:
- Track the performance of competitive releases i.e. release dates, box office results, revenues, prints, release costs etc.
- Verify data with the territories sales team.
- Analysis of Warner Bros. box office performance vs. competitor performance.
- Track release schedules and changes in release dates.
- Track consumer awareness and interest on upcoming releases.
- Monitor performance of Digital, 3-D and IMAX formats.
- Post-mortem reporting on releases: track performance against norms/ forecasts.
- Assist with trailer tracking and KDM releasing.
- Deal with essential data requests from the US home office.
What do we require from you:
- Excellent working knowledge of Word and Excel and some experience of using databases.
- Business Studies or Economics undergraduate preferred.
- Should have solid GCSE and A level results, or equivalent.
- Must be well organised and disciplined with the ability to prioritise workload and use time effectively.
- Must be self-motivated and work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Must be analytical and pay close attention to detail.
- Some previous work experience would be advantageous.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK