Trade Marketing Placement
Who are we:
The UK Theatrical Distribution division co-ordinates the sales and distribution of Warner Bros. films throughout the UK and Ireland. The Trade Marketing team has a key role to play as it is responsible for all UK Exhibitor (Cinema Chains) marketing activity, promotions and relationship.
What part will you play:
The placement student will work on a diverse range of projects supporting both the Trade Marketing Manager and the Regional Marketing team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain hands on marketing, creative and analytical experience within the world of Theatrical Film Distribution. You will be working on wide range of marketing projects and film releases throughout the year as well working with some key industry partner and internal stakeholders. You will get to work on all WB new release titles which average from 20 -25 per year.
- Work with the Trade Marketing Manager on all exhibitor activity ranging from point of sale to promotions and events
- Work with the Creative Services team and brief all exhibitor campaign creative, managing timelines and approvals to ensure timely delivery to all our partners
- Regularly visit cinemas within London ensuring all agreed POS is on display
- Work with the Trade Marketing Manager on all format partner activity (IMAX, Real D and Dolby)
- Work with the Trade Marketing Manager on all Comic Con show activities including concepts, logistics, creative delivery and execution
- Participate in regular partner meetings to discuss ideas and plans for upcoming titles
- Ensure that promotional guidelines are up to date for the Regional Marketing team and our partners
- Manage all exhibitor social media promotional activity, including briefing to post campaign analysis
- Manage some Regional Marketing promotions
- Support and be the point of contact in the office for the Regional Marketing team
- Manage at least 2 theatrical title within the year
- Participate in adhoc projects and research projects throughout the year
- Manage and update WB360, the exhibitor asset portal to ensure that it is always fully up to date
- Raise all purchase orders for Trade Marketing activity and ensure that they are processed according to company policies
- Work with the Warehouse Account Manager of our distribution company to ensure all POs and financial information is up to date
- Collate and track competitor activity
- Adhoc admin tasks throughout the year
What do we require from you:
- Be a strong communicator with a positive approach to work
- Be pro-active and an ideas driven person
- Demonstrates dynamism, creative flair and passion for the industry.
- Have a strong understanding of social media
- Be a strong team player
- Be a good multitasker with the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent time management and organisational skill with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent administrative skills and knowledge of computer software including and not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Marketing, Advertising, Business Studies, Communications undergraduate preferred
- Strong GCSE and A level results, or equivalent.
- Previous work experience is advantageous.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK