Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Operations Placement
Job Title: Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Operations Placement
Division: Strategic Sourcing
Who are we:
The Warner Bros. Global Sourcing (WBGS) is an internal consulting team, supporting and/or advising various departments (Marketing, Facilities, IT, Supply Chain, etc.) in finding, assessing and onboarding external partners. WBGS provides an important link between the firms’ internal departments and the external partners (suppliers), by matching the internal customers’ requirements with the capabilities of the marketplace. The Global Sourcing department is always seeking to acquire the best quality of services for the relevant costs, whilst mitigating any potential risk linked with the acquisition of goods and services.
What part will you play:
- Providing active support to the sourcing team members as part of the departments activities
- Lead and assist in assigned sourcing projects (with support from the team).
- Act as an internal business consultant to help resolve sourcing related queries (finding a new supplier, locating invoice information, approving significant organisational spend).
- Providing analytical assistance to EMEA management through methods including spend analysis and savings breakdown.
- Conduct market research to support the department’s activities.
- Deliver key administrative support to the team; including managing expenses, room bookings and answering calls.
What do we require from you:
- Excellent communication.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word & MS PowerPoint.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Well organised & disciplined, with the ability to prioritise workloads & use time effectively.
- Highly self-motivated & work with limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate with people confidently at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK