Retail Operations Placement
Who are we:
Warner Home Entertainment Group is the world’s largest supplier of video product and our UK offices co-ordinate the production, sales & marketing of DVDs, Blu-rays and Games throughout the UK and Ireland. The WHEG Operations Department provides services in two key business disciplines: Supply Chain and Demand Planning.
What part will you play:
- Understand the principles and gain working knowledge of how the WHE supply chain operates to produce the optimum level of stock.
- Maintain and distribute weekly inventory reports and dashboards, providing relevant insight and analysis for the department and wider business.
- Create reports for weekly meetings with the Operations; Sales and Marketing teams to enable them to determine inventory for Warner Video and Games.
- Responsible for demand planning a range of key new release games titles throughout the year.
- Generate inventory trackers for promotional activity (for example DVD price reductions).
- Communicate with retailers and customer services to manage customer issues and coordinate with relevant teams to resolve.
- Analyse the distribution processes (within our control) with a view to suggesting changes that optimise Warner Home Video cost and enhancing product profitability.
- Develop a working knowledge of the key business support tools used across the business – SAP and Business Objects.
- Accurately uploading physical titles to Amazon UK for advanced and official pre order set up.
What do we require from you:
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word & PowerPoint;
- Must be analytical (esp. for identifying trends, etc) and pay exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be well organised & disciplined, with the ability to prioritise workloads & use time effectively.
- Must be self-motivated & work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Should have solid GCSE and A-Levels, or equivalent.
- Business undergraduate preferred, preferably studying supply chain / logistics.
- Some previous work experience and an interest in retail / home entertainment.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK