Marketing and Publicity Placement – WB Ireland
Who are we:
Warner Bros. Entertainment Ireland combines of all the Ireland business units that make up Warner Bros. Entertainment: Theatrical, Home Video, Videogames and Digital.
What part will you play:
As the Marketing & Publicity Placement student, you will play an integral role in this small team. During the placement, your time will be split between marketing for Film and Home Entertainment. This means that you will get the unique opportunity to work on the marketing process of a film right from the beginning through to Home Ent release. There will also be the chance to get involved with the Games slate.
- Manage the placement of marketing materials and competition prizes with partners and manage roll out of social assets on their channels.
- Work closely with logistics partners and sales on roll out of POS.
- Work with marketing in Ireland and UK, and creative services team on creation of bespoke POS for release, premieres and launches.
- Work closely with UK digital team/agencies and Irish marketing team on tracking WB owned social channels and their presence online in relation to other media companies in Ireland and help grow their presence.
- Liaise with media agency on preparing Territory Summary on each title.
- Work with publicity on daily media monitoring across titles, tracking news stories and compiling PR reports for end of campaign reporting.
- Update weekly publicity minutes for UK conference calls.
- Manage rsvp and ticketing distribution for premieres, trade and consumer events.
- Provide support for the lead in, planning and execution of events, screenings and premieres.
- Working with publicity on maintaining up to date media and invite lists.
- Arrange screenings of films for internal staff, agencies and press.
- Work with publicity on placing competitions with media across tv, print, radio and online, tracking the performance and shipment of prizes to winners.
- Prepare presentation documents in Word, PowerPoint, or Excel in preparation for lifecycle meetings and other business as advised.
- Assist the Senior National Account Manager with administrative support relating to commercial activities.
- Act as the link between the Irish accounts, the SNAM, and the WB London Office for the delivery of media campaigns, merchandising standards and quarterly presentations.
What do we require from you?
- Business Studies, Media Studies, Communication or Marketing undergraduate preferred.
- Computer proficiency with excellent working knowledge of Word and Excel, and some experience of using databases and PowerPoint.
- Must be well organised and disciplined, with the ability to prioritise workload and use time effectively.
- Must be self-motivated and work with limited supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Must be analytical and pay close attention to detail.
- Must have a proficient and confident phone manner.
- Some previous work experience would be advantageous.
- An interest in the media industry.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers several classroom-based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK