International TV Marketing Placement
Who are we:
Warner Bros. International Television Distribution is one of the world’s largest distributors of television programs, feature films and animation to the international television marketplace (broadcast, pay cable, basic cable, satellite, pay-per-view, subscription video-on-demand, digital platforms, etc.). It licenses some 61,000 hours of programming (including more than 6,500 features and 3,000 television programs, comprised of tens of thousands of individual episodes), dubbed or subtitled in more than 40 languages, to telecasters and cable-casters in more than 175 countries. WBITD is home to some of the most iconic and successful brands in the world, including FRIENDS, THE BIG BANG THEORY, RIVERDALE, THE FLASH, SUPERGIRL, LETHAL WEAPON as well as blockbuster movie franchises including, HARRY POTTER, LORD OF THE RINGS, THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY, THE CONJURING UNIVERSE and many more.
What part will you play:
- Support Marketing Directors with the sourcing and servicing of marketing materials to broadcasters and OTT platforms across EMEA, including NETFLIX, AMAZON and HBO.
- Support Marketing Directors in researching, writing and compiling presentations/reports/pitches to assist European sales and marketing teams with pre and post-sales support.
- Work closely with key clients to ensure they have the appropriate assets, tools and information to market WB programming effectively and successfully across EMEA.
- Help manage the day-to-day running of the B2B site for EMEA clients, overseeing access, permissions and editorial for key stakeholders.
- Help inform and support the running of Marketing Director’s digital and content marketing strategy for B2B social media pages.
- Develop effective working relationships with US servicing team and other divisions, including Theatrical, Consumer Products and Digital.
- Assist other members of Int. TV Distribution Marketing team with projects and logistics as required, including International press junkets, screenings and off-site events.
- Work closely with broadcasters, Sales Admin and Home Ent teams to manage key tracking documents for licensing purposes.
- Produce weekly reports on industry news and WB developments.
What do we require from you:
- Interest in the business side of the Media/Television industry (NOT production).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload to meet agreed deadlines
- Good computer & research skills; Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good common sense and investigative nature.
- Fluency in English, ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Studying for a BA/BSC in related field (including business, marketing, media, communications, film/TV).
- European languages a great plus (ideally Dutch, Swedish, Polish, Hungarian or Russian).
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Must have a flexible approach to work with the ability to work with little supervision.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK