International Games Marketing Placement
Who are we:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Inc., is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all platforms, including console, handheld, mobile and PC-based gaming for both internal and third-party game titles. Under the WBIE umbrella are the wholly owned TT Games, Rocksteady Studios, NetherRealm Studios, Monolith Productions, Turbine, WB Games Montreal and WB Games San Francisco. WBIE is a leading games publisher in 2015 and has successfully launched several hit games franchises, including the LEGO franchise, the Batman: Arkham franchise, the Mortal Kombat and Injustice fighting franchises, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and many more.
What part will you play:
- Support the International Marketing team in the development of International brand plan and its execution.
- Assist in supporting territory offices on all their asset needs when related to Marketing, Localization and Events etc.
- Source localise and traffic marketing, video assets by working closely with external AV agencies (e.g. TV spots, trailers, behind-the-scenes videos, dev diaries) and website development agencies (official product website, landing page etc.).
- Support Digital Marketing Manager in managing the day to day relationship with the various agencies on online media campaign. As well as running marketing analytic tasks.
- Support Product Manager in working with agencies to secure brand partnerships and cross promotions.
- Provide general admin support for the International Marketing team.
- Assistance with PO’s and invoices, and maintains the budget tracker.
- Competitive analysis and research reporting – online and in-store.
- Assist the Product Managers on various marketing tactics.
- Minuting of weekly marketing calls with the territories.
What do we require from you:
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and some experience of using databases preferred.
- Experience of using the internet for research purposes.
- Business Studies or Marketing undergraduate preferred.
- Excellent GCSE and A level (or equivalent) results.
- Must be well organised and disciplined with the ability to plan and prioritise workload effectively.
- Must be self-motivated, focused and be able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Must be analytical and pay close attention to detail.
- Some previous work experience and an interest in gaming.
- Be able to travel within Europe participating to consumers’ shows like Gamescom in Germany.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK