Human Resources Placement
Who are we:
The Warner Bros. Human Resources department has a team of 21 and provides strategic HR support and guidance across all its operating divisions based in the UK. Our role is to provide both the employee and employer with procedures and practices that protect and give guidance in all human resource related matters. The Human Resources department is split into five main areas: General HR Administration, Recruitment, Compensation and Benefits, Learning & Development and Workforce Analytics.
What part will you play:
General HR Administration
- Creating and maintaining accurate Personnel files
- Creating employment agreements and preparing payroll files for placement students
- Ensuring the legal right to work in the UK for employees
- Assisting with the organisation of onboarding presentations and training sessions for new employees
- Organising and tracking the completion of compulsory paperwork for third party contractors
- Responsibility for processing travel loan applications made by employees
- Producing ad-hoc HR report requests
- Electronic filing
- Providing assistance with HR events e.g. wellness initiatives
- Administering the eye care voucher scheme
- Maintaining our HR section of the Company intranet site
- Provide additional general office admin support e.g. responding to employment, housing and visa reference requests from current and previous employees
- Maintaining the WBUK HR inbox and ensuring all queries are dealt with
- You will be the point of contact for over 40 interns
- Coordinate the recruitment and assessment for the annual Placement Programme which involves;
- Liaising with Line Managers to write job specifications
- Responsibility for advertising the Placements both with Universities and outside providers
- Organising and attending University careers fairs
- Assisting with Interview selection
- Arranging and running assessment days
- Responsibility for reimbursement of Placement student travel expenses for assessment days.
- Responsibility for sending out Placement student contracts and new starter paperwork.
- Assist the Talent Acquisition Specialist with recruitment administration, technology updates and special projects as required.
- Assist with the recruitment of the Apprentice programme where appropriate
What do we require from you:
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including, Word and Excel.
- Prior experience of using the internet for research purposes.
- Well organised and self-disciplined, with the ability to prioritise workload and use time effectively.
- Able to take initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to liaise with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Should have good GCSE and A levels results.
- Must have an interest in generalist Human Resources, particularly Recruitment and HR Administration.
- Experience in a customer facing office environment preferred.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK