Harry Potter Global Franchise Development Placement (International Marketing & Communications)
Who are we:
The Harry Potter Global Franchise Development team is a corporate group based in both London and Burbank, charged with the management of stakeholders relating to the brand and delivery of a one-company, lifecycle marketing approach to the management of the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts franchises globally.
This role is part of the International Marketing and Communications arms of the team and will involve working on international and comms projects and activations across the Theatrical, Home Entertainment, Consumer Products, Games and TV divisions of the company, as well as being a key contact within the team for international territories and external partners and agencies.
What part will you play:
- Be an ambassador for all Wizarding World related properties across territories, divisions and external agencies and partners.
- Be a source of expertise on all Wizarding World related properties including knowledge of the related guidelines to support and advise the International Marketing Manager and PR Manager as well as international markets and WB divisions.
- Support the International Marketing team in reviewing divisional and cross-divisional marketing, promotions and creative materials across key markets.
- Provide support as a contact for international territories and referring their queries to the correct contacts.
- Support the International Marketing team on building international marketing case studies, writing a bi-weekly newsletter for international markets and stakeholders across the business, and with the maintenance of International Marketing Activity trackers for all lead territories.
- Assist with the organisation of bi-annual Wizarding World International Conferences (either in London or abroad) including logistics, on-the-day coordination, presentations etc.
- Support the PR Manager by developing a familiarity with the franchise calendar and identifying possible proactive opportunities.
- Support the PR Manager with delivery of proactive comms projects throughout the year, including key Franchise activations such as ‘Back to Hogwarts’.
- Regular review and updating of the master ‘Media Backgrounder’ comms document.
- Prepare presentations and documents for status meetings, international travel, team updates and other business as advised. This may involve liaising with other divisions, territories and agencies to collate the required information / compile assets and materials.
- Collate and manage various status reports and calendars.
- Attend marketing, comms, branding and ad hoc team meetings to assist in taking minutes, update and/or present to the team and participate in brainstorms.
- Assist in the organisation and logistical planning of meetings including room bookings, diary management and producing agendas.
What do we require from you:
- Must be well organised and disciplined with the ability to prioritise workload and use time effectively.
- Must enjoy working on projects on an international scale and have a keen interest for marketing and communications.
- Detailed knowledge of the wizarding world canon (Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts) and general awareness of other entertainment brands and activities.
- Excellent (fluent) working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience of using the internet for research purposes.
- Marketing, Comms, branding or Business Studies undergraduate preferred.
- Should have solid GCSE and A level results, or equivalent.
- Must be self-motivated and work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Some previous work experience in an office environment would be advantageous.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK