Financial Games Analysis Placement
Who are we:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, is a premier publisher, licensor and a developer of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future gaming platforms, including consoles, PC-based and online gaming. Providing full administration and support to the International Sales, Marketing and Distribution teams, you will work closely alongside the International Sales Analysis Manager on a number of projects relating to both WBIE videogames and games distributed under third party agreements.
What part will you play:
- To work closely with the International Sales Analysis Manager and participate in the setting-up and maintenance of all reports to provide a comprehensive and regular review of the stock and weekly sell-thru reporting on all WBIE & third party physical and digital products.
- Support the EMEA Marketing, Digital & Supply Chain teams in delivering in a timely manner all territorial process management requirements.
- Perform rigorous checks by territory, title, platform, week, to ensure systems & reports are error-free.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of easily accessible information on competitor releases in the market place suggesting areas of development and improvement along the way.
- Investigate and track competitor activity for both promotional and new products - providing regular reports and updates to WBIE International Finance Team.
- Work with the EMEA Finance Games Placement Student to summarize and report back on key findings and trends covering:
- Platform trends.
- Pricing analysis.
- Product launches.
- Trade marketing activities.
- Investigating and summarizing key platform changes, technology innovations and devices that impact upon the interactive marketplace.
- Provide general ad-hoc day-to-day support as and when required.
- General administration support to WBIE International Finance Team.
What do we require from you:
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel would be preferred.
- Ability to analyse large, complex, multi-dimensional data sets, then extract/visualise the key insights succinctly.
- Degree of quantitative discipline or knowledge of statistics.
- Ability to communicate advanced analysis to all levels of an organization-including explaining and defending conclusions.
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills; hypothesis creation and testing mindset.
- Well organised and disciplined, with the ability to plan and prioritise work.
- Excellent GCSE and A-Level (or equivalent) results.
- Must be self-motivated, focused and be able to work with limited supervision. A focus on results is desired.
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Must be analytical and pay close attention to detail.
- A keen interest in gaming and ability to participate in playing games is very much preferred.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK