Finance Games Placement
Who are we:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, is a major publisher, licensor and developer of interactive entertainment content across all gaming platforms, including consoles, PC, and mobile. Providing full administration and support to the International Finance Manager and working closely alongside the International Sales Analysis Manager on a number of projects relating to both WBIE videogames and games distributed under third party agreements.
What part will you play:
- Work with International Games Finance Manager to review physical and digital games forecast models to ensure their integrity regarding release dates, pricing assumptions, volumes forecasts and so on.
- Provide analysis of monthly physical and digital games actual/latest forecast for balance of year versus prior forecast or budget.
- Use, maintain and improve the complex reporting files used for month end. Be responsible for updating the Excel-Essbase macros that automate report running.
- Perform rigorous checks by territory, title, platform, month, and GL code to ensure systems are error-free and territory forecasts align with the assumptions issued by the Finance Director.
- Support the Vice President of Marketing and Vice President of Digital Games EMEA and their teams for ad hoc requests for by-title and general market data.
- Work with the EMEA Sales Games placement student to provide by-territory results on titles and provide actuals vs forecast analysis for physical and digital games.
- Summarise and report back on key findings and trends covering:
- Platform trends
- Pricing analysis
- Product launches
- Provide general ad-hoc day-to-day support as and when required.
- Suggest and execute improvements to current processes used to complete recurring tasks.
What do we require from you:
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel would be preferred.
- VBA experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to analyse large, complex, multi-dimensional data sets, then extract/visualise the key insights succinctly.
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills; hypothesis creation and testing mindset.
- Well organised and disciplined, with the ability to plan and prioritise work.
- Business/Finance/Accounting undergraduate preferred.
- Excellent GCSE and A-Level (or equivalent) results.
- Must be self-motivated, focused and be able to work with limited supervision. A focus on results is desired.
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Must be analytical and pay close attention to detail.
- A keen interest in gaming and ability to participate in playing games is very much preferred.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK