Finance (Financial Compliance and Reporting) Placement
Who are we:
With over 500 employees based in this location, the UK business is responsible for delivering great entertainment to a range of platforms – cinema, TV, DVD, games, toys, as well as digitally. This team works closely with all divisions across multiple departments within Warner Bros. UK, and so cross-divisional collaboration is extremely important.
What part will you play:
- Assist with the preparation of draft statutory accounts, tax packs and all related documentation.
- Assist with audit requests from Ernst and Young.
- Work with the team in the preparation of quarterly tax forecasts.
- Provide support in the preparation of accurate VAT, Intrastat and ECSL returns.
- Assist in the banking and treasury processes.
- Update SAO files.
- Work with the team to provide ad hoc support in other statutory and tax reporting and compliance work.
What do we require from you:
- Part way through a Finance/Accountancy Degree
- A levels or equivalent
- GCSE in Maths and English.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of MS Office particularly Excel.
- Must be well organised and disciplined with the ability to plan and prioritise workload effectively.
- Must be self-motivated, focused and be able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Must be analytical and pay close attention to detail.
- Proactive in seeking improvements to current procedures.
- Must be a team player and able to work within a matrix organization.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK