Film PR & Publicity Placement (Europe)
Who are we:
As part of the European Publicity team, you’ll get to learn about how we maximise the potential of each film release through PR and publicity efforts, making sure the audience knows when our film is coming out and why they can’t miss going to the cinema to watch it. The European aspect of the role means you’ll be working closely with 40 countries across Europe, the Middle East and Africa on over 20 film releases, so you will have exposure to and the opportunity to develop an understanding of the European media landscape. You’ll also be working with the Warner Bros. Home Office based in Los Angeles on film publicity executions.
What part will you play:
- Assisting in the co-ordination and organisation of publicity events such as Press Conferences, TV interviews, Set Visits and Premieres.
- Assisting with digital publicity activities and unique stunted activities.
- Searching both online and offline for pertinent film information and sharing with the team.
- First point of contact for general publicity requests.
- Supporting the team on general admin tasks including organizing travel and completing expense reports.
- Nurturing effective working relationships with key contacts across our 40 European markets, Warner Bros. European HQ and the Los Angeles Home Office.
What do we require from you:
- Passion & commitment to go above and beyond to support our team and our fantastic film slate.
- A love of film and the entertainment industry.
- Previous work/office experience in marketing/PR a bonus.
- PR, Marketing or Business undergraduate preferred.
- Should have solid GSCE and A-level results, or equivalent.
- Must be extremely well organised and show excellent attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise workload and use time effectively.
- Must have a positive attitude, a calm demeanour and a good telephone manner.
- Basic knowledge of other key European markets and awareness of cultural and commercial differences.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK