European Film Business Placement
Who we are:
The European Film Distribution department co-ordinates the sales and distribution of Warner Bros. films to cinemas throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa and is part of Warner Bros. Pictures International. The department supports the individual countries and Home Office in implementing the best release strategies on each film, and in offering insight into the business results and industry trends.
What part will you play:
- Track the performance of competitive releases throughout the region and support the team in the preparation of a weekly business summary to be distributed to European and US colleagues.
- Verify data with the territories sales team to ensure the integrity of Warner Bros. and competitive box office figures.
- Track the annual and all-time performance of Warner Bros. and competitive titles’ opening weekends.
- Track the release dates and box office performance of key local production and US acquisition titles.
- Track Release schedules and changes in release dates for Warner Bros. and competitive releases and ensure data integrity.
- Track consumer awareness and interest of upcoming releases in key markets and conduct analysis against comparative Warner Bros. and competitive titles.
- Monitor key European exhibitor web-sites with the goal of improving the exposure for the WB releases and of understanding different approaches in using the web.
- Deal with ad-hoc requests and analysis from the UK, Amsterdam and US offices and prepare analysis and reports for senior executives.
- Attend preview screenings of upcoming Warner Bros and acquisition titles and provide reactions, comments and potential comparative titles to the department.
- Post-mortem reporting on releases: track box office performance, consumer awareness and exit survey results against norms/forecasts and prepare comparative reports.
What do we require from you:
- Must be analytical and pay close attention to detail! Accuracy is key.
- Excellent working knowledge Excel and some experience of using databases.
- Power point experience advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of using the internet for research purposes.
- Should have solid GSCE and A level results, or equivalent.
- Must be well organised and disciplined with the ability to prioritise workload and use time effectively.
- Must be self-motivated and work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Some previous work experience would be advantageous.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK