Digital Retail Planning / Insights Placement
Job Title: Digital Retail Planning / Insights Placement
Division: Warner Home Entertainment UK Ltd.
Who are we:
Warner Home Entertainment is the world’s largest supplier of video product and our UK offices co-ordinate the production, sales, marketing and distribution of WB DVDs, Blu-ray, Digital and Games throughout the UK and Ireland. The WHE Market and Retail Insights Department provides services in three key business disciplines: Supply Chain (the manufacturing and distribution of Warner Home Entertainment product), Retail Planning (retailer focused overall and title analysis / title, promotional mechanic and pricing recommendations and forecasting all Warner Home Entertainment retailer activity) and Insight (Warner Home Entertainment and Market level trending / forecasting / analysis).
What part will you play:
- Produce / maintain reports using available systems on a daily / weekly / monthly / ad-hoc basis.
- VOD, EST, SD, HD.
- By digital partner.
- POS and Unique Customer Analysis.
- Provide detailed analysis and insight to the line manager / Sales and Marketing on a variety of projects.
- Be a proactive member of the internal team structure combining Retail Planning and Insights, Sales, Marketing and Finance, to help build relationships and provide insights.
Business & Market Insight
- Understand the digital market environment and the key drivers / dynamics within it (format mix / partner landscape) and provide recommendations to aid decision making.
- Maintain and distribute weekly reports providing relevant insight and analysis for the company.
- Understand WHE product and promotional performance, and how it relates to future performance & profitability.
- Understand & keeps abreast of current & future trends in the digital market / partners / customers.
- Develop a working knowledge of the key business support tools used across the business. For example, OCC, Mediamorph, Tableau.
What do we require from you:
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and ability to learn new software quickly.
- Must be analytical (esp. for identifying trends, etc) and pay exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be well organised & disciplined, with the ability to prioritise workloads & use time effectively.
- Must be self-motivated & work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Should have solid GCSE and A-Levels, or equivalent.
- Business undergraduate preferred.
- Some previous work experience and an interest in retail / home entertainment.
- An understanding of digital technology and trends would be an advantage.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK