Content Technology & Operations, Theatrical and Localisation Placement
Who are we:
Content Technology & Operations, Theatrical and Localisation is responsible for the distribution of post-production materials in relation to Theatrical (35mm, 70mm and Digital Cinema), Home Entertainment and Television media across 43 territories in Europe, Middle East and Africa. The Content Technology & Operations, Theatrical and Localisation Intern is responsible for UK theatrical operations for all Warner Bros. new releases and back catalogue, as well as other essential tasks with relation to global theatrical operations.
What part will you play:
- You will be taught to use the Content Technology & Operations theatre, where you will learn how to operate various pieces of equipment, including the digital cinema projector and player. There will also be basic training on Video and Audio editing software.
- You will be handling sensitive and pre-release materials internally and will be trusted in taking materials to external facilities. This may involve monitoring the external handling of materials while they are not at Warner Bros. offices.
- Liaise with Content Technology & Operations vendors – this can be for dubbing, translating, subtitling, accessibility and other materials’ creation.
- Track release dates and give assistance with planning on key element dates including updating new versions in Tech Ops internal systems.
- Creating Purchase Orders in the Content Technology & Operations bespoke ordering system.
- Arrange shipment of elements to Europe, Middle East and African territories as well as co-ordinating return of the elements.
- Troubleshoot any KDM (Key Delivery Message) issues with other global office teams as well as vendors and sometimes directly with cinema chains.
- Watermark and Rotoscope materials using Final Cut and/or DaVinci Resolve to make them ready for use by international partners and stakeholders.
- Deal with ad-hoc requests and analysis from the UK and US offices and prepare analysis and reports for European Technical Operations VPs and Directors.
- Complete projects you will need to liaise with company personnel in the UK and US, and throughout the territories by telephone and email.
What do we require from you:
- Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and some experience of using databases.
- Have a keen interest in film and specifically film technology.
- Should have solid GCSE and A level results, or equivalent.
- Must be well organised and disciplined with the ability to prioritise workload and use time effectively.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with limited supervision.
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Must be analytical and pay close attention to detail! Accuracy is an essential attribute.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial film studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK